Hodgepodge. Patchwork quilt. Dizzying array. These are all words and phrases that can be used to describe the state of today’s secondary data and applications.
IT infrastructure has increasingly spread across its traditional data centre boundaries and into multiple global locations, including public clouds. As a result, IT infrastructure has become difficult to strategically manage with legacy point solutions.
Imagine for a minute being the person in charge of this unruly sea of global infrastructure silos, when things go from bad to worse. You’re already juggling multiple vendors, solutions, and interfaces … but then your company expands, and your problem gets exponentially worse. Secondary data is spread across multiple clusters in different locations, both on-prem and in the cloud.
Instead of being able to view and manage all of your global data and apps from a single, unified solution, you get more of the same chaos, magnified. You are:
- Manually managing different infrastructure silos built on ageing multi-vendor solutions with their own set of UIs and support contracts.
- Unable to optimally utilise available resources (storage, compute, and more) or effectively plan for future requirements to avoid potential downtime.
- Unable to gain valuable insights from secondary data to meet business and compliance requirements.
Many of you are slowly nodding your heads in agreement – because that scenario isn’t so difficult to imagine.support
Is there an answer? Yes, the key Helios benefits include:
Simplified Global Data and Apps Management
- Utilise a single, aggregated dashboard to capture a global view with the flexibility to drill down into any specific Cohesity cluster, regardless of the cluster’s location — simplified management at its best.
- Go beyond just “view and monitor”. Roll out global policies and perform upgrades to all your Cohesity clusters in order to take full control of all your secondary data and apps.
Machine Drive Operational Efficiency
- Take advantage of Helios SmartAssist capability, which analyses available and required resources (compute, storage, etc.) to help you meet your SLAs.
- Analyse global operational data of your Cohesity clusters (current storage efficiency, dedupe ratio, garbage collection, workloads, etc.), and recommend when additional resources are needed in order to ensure uninterrupted service (like the gas gauge in your car). Also, like popular fitness apps, Helios uses operational data collected from global customers to help you evaluate and optimize your operational performance (storage utilization, cloud utilization, backup windows, etc.) against others with similar environments and workloads.
- Receive alerts about software and hardware anomalies before they negatively impact your infrastructure.
Smooth Business Continuity
- Perform actionable searches across your global data and metadata and take appropriate actions, such as recover, or instantly mount or clone to accelerate app development directly from the same screen.
- Get business-critical predictions with a “what-if” analysis, which is an intelligent sandbox built within Helios. This allows you to evaluate impact before making any major change to your global environment.
- Meet business and compliance requirements with the combined power of Cohesity DataPlatform’s built-in apps suite the Cohesity Analytics Workbench (AWB) and Cohesity Helios. With native custom MapReduce functionality and computer and storage resources, Cohesity uniquely supports in-place analytics with Cohesity Pattern Finder App and Cohesity Password Detection.
Cohesity Helios is the next giant step in fulfilling our vision. We know IT infrastructure will continue its gradual spread across traditional data centre boundaries and into multiple global locations. It’s the nature of business growth. But global expansion doesn’t have to mean disaster, in fact, it can be quite the opposite. Cohesity and Linktech are here to help you keep pace with your secondary data and applications, regardless of where they reside.